Oberzell
St. Georg
Dated
900 - 1080
History
The pre-romanesque building was constructed around 900.
The nave and the crypt stem from this period.
The paintings were added in 10th century and most of them visible today are original (restored in 1982-88).
Description
The crypt and the St. Michaels chapel are not open to the public.
The crucifix called "Oberzeller Kreuz" from 1120/1140 is shown in the treasury at Mittelzell.
Links
Todo: add alttext